This is an Encore Presentation, this podcast originally aired in July of 2018.
Hello and welcome to The Couples Expert Podcast with your host Stuart Fensterheim. Today Stuart talks about coping with separation issues in your relationship related to work. How do we keep a close and connected relationship with our partners when we don’t get to spend a lot of time together? Listen as Stuart discusses this important topic.
What you’ll learn from today’s podcast:
- Codependency is a healthy part of all love relationships
- The division of labor changes when you’re on your own
- It’s important that you talk about the issues around being apart
- Technology helps us stay connected
- Commit to connecting daily to stay close via email, text, Skype or Facebook
- Make your time together important and focus on your love
- Video chat is great for seeing body language and non-verbal cues
- You shouldn’t try to solve problems when you’re apart
- Make your meetings non-negotiable, don’t miss your good morning/goodnight messages
Make time and make memories when you’re together. Make your relationship important and have some loving date nights when you’re together. When you’re together make sure that you focus on the love you share, and not on the negative aspects of being frequently apart. It’s equally as hard on both of you and it’s a consequence of the choice you’ve both made to live this lifestyle for the time being. Concentrate on connecting emotionally in a loving way when you are together and make it all about quality not quantity of the time you have together.
Sponsored by Stuarts daily notes: If you could improve your relationship in just 5 minutes a day, would you? I think you would. Stuart is offering his Stuart’s Daily Notes to subscribers to give you real tips and sound advice on being the best partners you can be. Learn more and subscribe here: https://www.thecouplesexpertscottsdale.com/stuart-daily-notes/
Subscribe: You can subscribe to The Couples Expert Podcast on iTunes. Stuart would love it if you’d write a review or suggest a future topic. https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-couples-expert/id951362894?mt=2
The Couples Expert Wants To Hear From You!
Email: You can email Stuart at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell him about your relationship, ask questions or suggest a guest or future topic for the show. Stuart reads and responds to each and every email.
Thank you so much for spending part of your day with Stuart Fensterheim, The Couples Expert. We hope today’s show has been helpful and meaningful to you. Until next time, stay positive, and stay connected.