Hello and welcome to The Couples Expert Podcast with your host Stuart Fensterheim. This is episode 173 of our show. Today Stuart talks about coping with separation issues in your relationship related to work. How do we keep a close and connected relationship with our partners when we don’t get to spend a lot of time together? Listen as Stuart discusses this important topic.
There are so many fun holidays in July and Stuart wants you to celebrate them all! Aunt and Uncle’s Day, Bugs Bunny’s Birthday and National Chili Dog Day are all happening at the end of this month! What’s your favorite holiday in July?
What you’ll learn from today’s podcast:
- Codependency is a healthy part of all love relationships
- The division of labor changes when you’re on your own
- It’s important that you talk about the issues around being apart
- Technology helps us stay connected
- Commit to connecting daily to stay close via email, text, Skype or Facebook
- Make your time together important and focus on your love
- Video chat is great for seeing body language and non-verbal cues
- You shouldn’t try to solve problems when you’re apart
- Make your meetings non-negotiable, don’t miss your good morning/goodnight messages
Make time and make memories when you’re together. Make your relationship important and have some loving date nights when you’re together. When you’re together make sure that you focus on the love you share, and not on the negative aspects of being frequently apart. It’s equally as hard on both of you and it’s a consequence of the choice you’ve both made to live this lifestyle for the time being. Concentrate on connecting emotionally in a loving way when you are together and make it all about quality not quantity of the time you have together.
The Couples Expert Podcast is sponsored by: Stuart’s Daily Notes: Subscribe and change your relationship in 5 minutes a day with a video sent to your email inbox. The response has been overwhelmingly positive. Stuart’s Daily Notes can help you too! https://www.thecouplesexpertscottsdale.com/stuart-daily-notes/
Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-couples-expert/id951362894?mt=2
Email: Stuart would love to hear from you. If you have a comment, review, or suggestion for a topic Stuart can tackle in the future, please email him at email@example.com