When you Remarry Where do you Unpack the Baggage? The Couples Expert Scottsdale 2017-11-09T20:59:27+00:00
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |
Hello and welcome to The Couples Expert Podcast with your host Stuart Fensterheim. This is episode 136 of our show. Today’s podcast features guest Brian Mayer. Stuart and Brian will be discussing the issues surrounding remarriage.
Brian Mayer is also a couples’ counselor who has a great deal of insight on what remarried couples have to contend with. Listen in as Stuart and Brian talk about these very important issues.
It’s vitally important that when you choose your next partner that they share your core values and that you feel like you are with someone who knows how to and is willing to meet your needs. What you need to feel loved. Knowing your core values, and what you want in someone as a partner in a love relationship is a huge step towards having a successful remarriage.
What you’ll learn from today’s podcast:
- What made Brian choose couples work [5:18]
- Showing a healthy marriage to children and the importance of date night [12:15]
- Balance quantity vs. quality – marriage and time with the children [15:00]
- Remarriage is scary, how long you should wait [16:35]
- How negativity and toxic thinking affects our lives beyond the relationship [23:45]
- How past relationships inform our current marriages [28:00]
- How important it is to know what your attachment needs are [31:00]
Subscribe: You can subscribe to The Couples Expert Podcast on iTunes. Stuart would love it if you’d write a review or suggest a future topic. https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-couples-expert/id951362894?mt=2
The Couples Expert Wants To Hear From You!
Email: You can email Stuart at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell him about your relationship, ask questions or suggest a guest or future topic for the show. Stuart reads and responds to each and every email.
Thank you so much for spending part of your day with Stuart Fensterheim, The Couples Expert. We hope today’s show has been helpful and meaningful to you. Until next time, stay positive, and stay connected.
Subscribe to My YouTube Channel
Ask Me a Question
If you have a question, comment, thought, or concern, feel free to comment below. We’d love to hear from you!