Discernment Counseling and How Marriages Can Be Saved Even at the Brink of Divorce TCE Staff 2017-06-15T23:02:41+00:00
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |
Welcome to episode 115 of The Couples Expert Podcast. Stuart’s topic today is Discernment Counseling with Sanya Bari from Mountain Lakes, New Jersey where she counsels couples in trouble. She works to help them look at their decisions in a new way that allows them to make a less impulsive and more informed decision about whether to end their marriage or to do the work needed to save it. Listen as Stuart and Sanya discuss the details and benefits of discernment counseling for couples on the brink of divorce.
What you’ll learn on today’s podcast:
- How Sanya started in this field at [6:47]
- Why discernment counseling at [7:45]
- Definition of discernment counseling at [12:03]
- The questions couples need to answer for the process at [14:21]
- The high percentage of couples that come in for counseling are unsure If they want to continue in the relationship at [20:53]
- What if expectations or demands are unrealistic at [25:40]
- Soft and hard reasons for divorce at [27:43]
- How couples can save their marriages most of the time at [29:20]
- Stuart’s question about the process at [33:15]
- How discernment counseling is a win-win for all at [35:00]
This is not couples counseling. This is an opportunity for couples to make informed decisions about divorce, or trying to make the marriage work. To learn to listen and to communicate with your partner about what you need from the relationship. If you can’t get what you need, divorce might be your option, but you’ll know more about yourself to take with you into your next relationship. This assessment is crucial to understanding what it takes to repair your relationship and to know what work you both need to do to make that happen.
Thank you so much for joining Stuart on the Couples Expert today. A huge thank you to Sanya Bari for her wisdom and insight on discernment counseling.
You can subscribe to The Couples Expert on iTunes and have access to the entire archive of The Couples Expert Podcast any time of the day or night. https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/couples-expert-infidelity-marriage-trauma-relationships/id951362894
The Couples Expert offers 3 Minutes with Stuart on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsqIoIdClWx1kGXXg0phnqg. These short videos are packed full of tips and advice for a happier more loving relationship between you and your partner.
Thank you again for spending your valuable time with Stuart Fensterheim The Couples Expert. Until next time, stay connected!
Subscribe to My YouTube Channel
Ask Me a Question
If you have a question, comment, thought, or concern, feel free to comment below. We’d love to hear from you!