Even at age 50+ if you would like to begin your marriage with a secure foundation premarital counseling is a must, especially If a couple is serious about preparing for a committed life together. Premarital counseling is generally recommended for couples of all ages, even those with a relationship untroubled by significant issues. It can help the couple better understand their expectations about marriage and address any significant differences in a safe and neutral environment. Even though premarital counseling has many benefits, the bottom line and the end goal is to build a strong foundation to create a strong, healthy, loving relationship that makes a strong healthy, loving home and life.”
Are you ready to take the next step with the love of your life?
Step into your marriage or long-term relationship informed and aware of what you can likely expect. Life can throw some curve balls your way and the more prepared you are with a solid foundation in your relationship, the better able you are to handle unexpected challenges.
Do you have questions about how to plan for your future?
Learn how to discuss your common plans and goals. Have the conversations you may have been avoiding surrounding future plans for how to handle finances or family planning. Having a common vision helps you both to feel secure.
This program will help you know how to approach these topics in a way that both of you feel listened to and important in voicing your desires to one another.
What are the most important things to consider?
A lasting marriage starts with…
Love! You and your partner have a great love for one another, but that’s not always enough. This program covers the aspects of real life relationships that you may not even be thinking about. Practical advice and planning that will help you have a realistic and clear understanding of living in a long term relationship with a partner and what it takes to make it work even through the hard times.
At the end of this program you and your partner will feel confident…
Knowledge is power! By the time you’re finished with our program you will have tools and information that will help to sustain your marriage for the long haul. You will know the challenges and issues that have tripped up other couples so you can guard against them. You will have learned how to avoid those pitfalls and dangers that can present themselves to unprepared couples.
WEEK 1 – MARRIAGE 101
- What is marriage all about?
- Expectations vs. Reality
- What is most important to you and your partner?
WEEK 2 – LIVING TOGETHER
- Your partner’s habits
- Chores and shared responsibilities
- What do you enjoy?
- How to spot signs of trouble
WEEK 3 – MONOGAMY & COMMITMENT
- Addressing fears and concerns about marriage and commitment
- Keeping monogamy sexy
- Managing feelings and temptations
- Staying in love
WEEK 4 – HUMOR & LAUGHTER
- The role of laughter and playfulness in relationships
- Playfulness and sexuality
- Keeping your relationship fun
- Happiness is a choice
WEEK 5 – FINANCIAL PLAN
- Importance of being on the same page financially
- Budgeting and financial goals
- Saving and celebrating
- Enjoy the fruits of your labor
- No secrets policy / financial infidelity
WEEK 6 – SPIRITUALITY
- Your individual and combined spiritual journey
- Discussing Religion
- Agreeing how to raise the kids
- Interfaith marriage
WEEK 7 – SEX
- Intimacy and discovery
- Talking about erotic subjects
- Birth control – Methods and morals
- Foreplay – play and flirt
- Keep it sexy for a lifetime
WEEK 8 – FAMILY PLANNING
- Planning your family
- Timing and birth control discussions
- Issues surrounding parenting
- Career and parenthood
- Let’s make a baby
- Infertility and miscarriages
WEEK 9 – PERSONAL GOALS
- Merging your personal goals and marriage
- Healthy competition and pushing your partner
- Codependence and keeping your identity in a marriage
- Support and enourage each other so you both win
- Avoid becoming stale and boring yourself
WEEK 10 – CONFLICT RESOLUTION & FORGIVENESS
- Attachment language
- Healing from relationship injuries
- How to apologize
- What forgiveness looks like
- How to avoid the blame game
WEEK 11 – WORK/LIFE INTEGRATION
- Finding the balance between career and home
- What drives you? Examing motivation
- Leaving work at work
- Striving for career goals
- Retirement goals
- The Stay at Home Parent
WEEK 12 – PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER FOR THE FIRST YEAR
- The struggle is real
- How to deal with what isn’t working
- Meeting your partner’s attachment needs
- The little things are the big things
- Loving each other by the hour and every day forever
Are you ready…
Are you ready to….Talk about the real stuff? These conversations are not always easy, but they are so valuable and necessary to your success as a couple. You can’t plan for everything but you CAN give your relationship the best chance of succeeding by building your life on a secure and loving connection.
Taking the step to embrace what this program has to offer shows how serious you are about making your love last. You have it within your power to make your marriage the one that everyone envies and strives to achieve. It’s not a mystery. We know how to help couples create a love story that does have a happy ending. Start out your married life with the tools and information you need to keep your love alive every day. To have an emotional connection where you both feel loved and important.
Ready to take the next step in your relationship or marriage?
First week available:
Friday, May, 4 2018
New module available every Friday….
Pay in Full – $499
Payment plan is available
(4 payments of $144)
Would you like to receive updates?
This information is brought to you by Stuart Fensterheim, LCSW The Couples Expert. Stuart shares with you the information he’s used to help couples for over 30 years. Stuart’s has built a following through his weekly podcast sharing insight on love and relationships. He counsels couples in crisis and helps them to find their way back to love and healing.Start your marriage off knowing what Stuart knows. Therapy is expensive. You and your partner can see Stuart anytime through this Premarital Program. We want you to succeed in marriage. www.thecouplesexperts.com